|Education:||Graduate of AMA accredited school of radiologic technology, six months of supervised clinical MRI scanning experience and/or an associate degree in an allied health field or bachelor's degree and certification in another clinical field with six months supervised clinical MRI scanning experience.|
|Special Skills:||Candidate must be an individual that is reliable, has good knowledge of MRI positioning and technique. Basic computer knowledge.|
|Physical Requirements:||Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, visual and hearing ability for patient care activities, general indoor conditions, standing for long periods of time, up to 8 hours, repeated bending or stooping, transferring and positioning patient, manual dexterity, light to moderate noise, good verbal and written communication skills necessary for job requirements, call, weekend and evening work required. |
Occupational Hazards: Potential for exposure to infectious patients or materials is negligible. Potential for exposure to hazardous and toxic substances (including blood, urine, body fluids and cleaning solutions. Potential for sticks or cuts by needles and other sharp items. Potential for musculoskeletal injuries if proper lifting and carrying techniques are not used.
|License Required:||American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) registered, CPR certification within orientation and maintain certification.|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PREPARES THE PATIENT FOR SCANNING
1. Identifies patient by AMH policy, introduces himself/herself to patient.
2. Dresses patient according to procedure.
3. Explains imaging procedure to patient in terms they can understand and documents patient teaching.
4. MRI room is properly prepared, neat, orderly and clean, exemplifies professional appearance.
5. Identifies common clinical indications for imaging studies and notes discrepancies.
6. Understands and describes the proper procedural preps for each exam.
7. Schedules imaging examination per protocol.
8. Assesses patient per imaging policies, appropriate completion of assessment forms and documents last menstrual period/pregnancy.
9. Provides needed health care support to patients with specific attention to the needs of the varied age groups, including infants, children, adolescents, adult and geriatric, while in the imaging department.
COORDINATES SCHEDULING AND DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES IN THE MRI DEPARTMENT
1. Coordinates and organizes patients throughout in the MRI department to achieve customer satisfaction.
2. Keeps radiologist informed of history that may be pertinent to the completion of the exam.
3. Submits MRI images for radiologists review.
PERFORMS QUALITY CONTROL AND PARTICIPATES IN THE PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
1. Recognizes problems with quality and is able to troubleshoot to meet compliance.
2. Participates in peer review analysis with optimal scores.
MAINTAINS SAFETY OF THE PATIENT
1. Recognizes malfunctions of diagnostic equipment.
2. Provides methods to maintain comfort of patient for diagnostic exams.
3. Maintains integrity of the magnetic field, assess patient for contra indications associated with the magnetic field.
4. Follows all infection control policies to minimize risk for patient and technologist.
5. Maintains safe environment for the patient including appropriate use of wheelchair, stretcher, and immobilization devices.
SELF-DEVELOPMENT AND PROFESSIONALISM
1. Contributes productively to overall operation of department by responding efficiently and professionally to schedule changes, emergency situations and adverse weather conditions.
2. Organizes time and efforts to complete required task, and is self motivated.
3. Performs and participates in Imaging and MRI PI Plan and Quality Control Plan.
4. Participates in the on side clinical instruction of radiology students.
5. Maintains good interpersonal communication with physicians, imaging staff and support members.
6. Recognizes technical limitations and communicates that information promptly to the supervisor or radiologist.
1. Operates the Meditech RIS computer system.
2. Performs clerical, receptionist and other duties as necessary.
PRODUCES QUALITY DIAGNOSTIC EXAMS
1. Correctly positions patients and sets factors that will produce the highest quality diagnostic exam.
2. Appropriate use of surface and body coils to produce to the highest quality resolution.